2009-01-09

TGI Friday part 2: Desert

Well, the previous post probably had all the health freaks and GI-eaters running away, so for the rest of us who believe that food is for the soul as well: here's the incredibly tasty desert that I made for my TGI Friday-dinner. It's taken from Nigella's website, but I changed it a little bit. She actually called for three kinds of ice cream (vanilla, fudge/caramel and chocolate) but since I am trying to cut down on unnatural food with tons of additives and weird flavoring, and didn't have time to fire up our ice cream maker, I decided to just use vanilla (I got Häagen Dazs which I know is not at all comparable to home made ice cream and can charge premium money just 'cause they have a "European" sounding name and stuff, but the ingredient list for their vanilla ice cream was reassuringly short and simple).

I halved the recipe to make it for two, but still got a lot of the peanut butter-chocolate sauce (not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't really keep), so unless you're really greedy, this will make enough sauce for three people. The original recipe calls for smooth peanut butter, but I used an organic peanut butter (which only contains peanuts and sea salt) which isn't entirely smooth but a tad grainy, and it worked perfectly well. I also added some more (maybe 20 grams) of chocolate towards the end, cause I wanted the sauce to be more chocolate-y. Enough talking, let's have desert!




Chocolate peanut butter fudge sundae

For the sauce:
87 ml double cream (I used Swedish "vispgrädde" which has 35-40 % fat)
50 g milk chocolate, chopped
50 g smooth peanut butter
1½ tbsp light syrup

Plus:
Vanilla ice cream, how ever much you want
Coarsely chopped salted peanuts, to taste

Put everything for the sauce in a pan, place on the heat and stir until everything is melted and combined, it takes no more than 2 minutes. Let the sauce cool slightly, and spoon it over the ice cream. Top with shopped salted peanuts. Eat and be happy! Very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment