2009-08-12

Honeydew soup

So, I'm back at work, i.e. ten feet from the kitchen, which means that I once again have to supply myself with lunch. This was today's little invention, which took like five minutes to make and about the same time to eat. Which means I should be working right now, if I wasn't writing here. Ah, the joys of procrastination...!

If you don't have prosciutto, I imagine shrimp tossed with some lemon and dill would be tasty too, or maybe some cucumber and feta cheese cut in cubes.

This made a fair sized lunch portion for me; if you serve it as a starter this would make two portions.



Cold honeydew soup

½ honeydew melon
2 tbsp plain thick yoghurt (I used Turkish cause that's what we had in the fridge)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of harissa (or sambal oelek)
1 slice prosciutto ham

Peel the melon, cut it in smaller pieces and toss them in the blender. Puree the melon, add the yoghurt, salt and harissa and blend again. Taste to see if you want more of anything. Pour into a bowl and top with prosciutto cut in small pieces. Done!

I added some flat-leaf parsley too, mostly because I wanted to make the photo look nicer. Ok, only because I wanted to make the photo look nicer, the parsley didn't really add anything flavor-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment